I love to eat. I love to bake. And I love to try new recipes and foods. When planning my birthday lunch I was debating between two fantastic options: going somewhere local, & special in my hometown or having a once in a lifetime culinary experience.
I found some pretty impressive famous lunches to try (travel required!) and a fun list of local alternatives.
Other posts you may enjoy:
- 15 Fantastic Themes for the Office that you Need to Know
- Last Minute Birthday Lunch Ideas at Work
- Spectacular Birthday Treat Ideas for Your Greatest Friends
What are the best ‘Once In A Lifetime’ Birthday Lunches?
Manhattan Beach Post – Manhattan Beach, CA
Manhattan Beach Post is a modern American seafood restaurant located in Manhattan Beach, California. The menu is focused on fresh seafood and features signature dishes like “oysters & champagne” and “seared scallops.”
The intimate atmosphere of Manhattan Beach Post allows for an enjoyable dining experience that can be enjoyed by groups large or small. The casual setting also makes it ideal for hosting parties with family and friends alike, especially when paired with live music on the weekends. If you want to enjoy dinner while watching dolphins play off the coast or catch a game of beach volleyball, this might just be your new favorite spot!
The Backroom at One57 – New York City, NY
If you’re looking for a fancy lunch in New York City, The Backroom at One57 is a great option. Located on 157 West 57th Street in Midtown Manhattan, The Backroom at One57 offers fine dining with lunch and dinner menus inspired by local fare and seasonal ingredients.
The restaurant is open for brunch, lunch and dinner seven days a week and serves one of the best burgers in New York City (if not the entire world). You can also enjoy some amazing seafood dishes here like Grilled Octopus Salad with chickpeas, Spanish onion puree, preserved lemon and red wine vinaigrette dressing or Seared Scallops with rocoto pepper butter sauce over wild mushrooms risotto with truffle oil.
The Loveless Cafe – Nashville, TN
This cute cafe and shop combo boasts the best biscuits in Nashville! Known for high quality southern comfort food and a cozy ambiance, it is the perfect place for a quaint breakfast lunch!
How Can I Make A Local Birthday Lunch Special?
Eat out at a popular restaurant
A great way to celebrate a birthday is to have a delicious meal out. Choose a restaurant that has a fun atmosphere, makes you feel like you’re in vacation mode, and offers good food and service.
When booking your table (or even just finding one), look for places with interesting menus—not just boring old burgers and fries! Make sure everyone can find something delicious on there because everyone deserves their own special meal during this special day!
Host a Potluck
- Make a list of food items to bring. You can’t just show up with a bottle of wine and expect everyone to be happy. Making a list helps you remember all the things you need, like enough plates and utensils, cups, napkins, salt and pepper shakers (if they’re not provided), etc.
- Make sure there are enough tables/chairs/seating options available for everyone who’s coming. If there isn’t enough seating space or tables set up when people arrive at your house party or potluck event, it’ll cause some serious stress! Don’t forget about having extra chairs on hand just in case someone else drops by unannounced—it happens more often than we think!
- Make sure there’s plenty of food prepared so no one goes hungry throughout the night; even if they’re not eating what you cooked (or brought), at least give them something appetizing so they don’t starve while waiting for the next dish from their neighbor’s table!
If you’re not into cooking, but still want a place to go for lunch with your friends, there are plenty of options that won’t require you to leave the house.
- Order in from a restaurant. If you live near a more upscale neighborhood and have access to takeout menus from local restaurants, call ahead and order food to be delivered right when your guests arrive.
- Order in from a food delivery service. There are several apps that let people order directly from their phones or computers—just about any time of day! This can be convenient for busy people who don’t want the hassle of driving out for food or dealing with finding parking at certain restaurants.
Enjoy a Picnic
- Pack a picnic basket. You don’t have to go overboard here. A few sandwiches and some cans of soda are all you need for an easy, low-cost birthday lunch. If you’re feeling fancy, however, try making your own picnic food by buying ingredients and cooking them in advance (a great way to save money).
- Take a blanket with you when you go out on your picnic! This isn’t just so that everyone can sit down; blankets are also good protection against dirt and bugs while outdoors. Plus they add an extra layer of comfort for those who aren’t used to sitting on grass or rocks for long periods of time – especially if it’s cold out!
- Go swimming if the weather is warm enough—swimming pools are great places for birthdays because they allow kids and adults alike plenty of space without crowding anyone else around them too much… plus there’s always room in case anyone needs help getting out after they’ve had enough fun splashing around!
2 Replies to “The Best Birthday Lunch Ideas For Adults”